Hey thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

HOLY SHIT

IMG_3535

It's really an amazing thing to reflect on your past and see how far one (or something) has come. Today while rummaging through my piles and piles of files i've managed to store over the past 10 years I came across a letter I received from Planned Parenthood of Texas back in 2002. The letter states that as of March 16th 2002 you are 12 weeks pregnant and due on September 28th 2002. THAT was a total "HOLY SHIT" moment and still is today as I re-read this letter with my 8 year old son (almost 9 on September 12th) sitting less than 2 feet from me sorting clothes that he wants to donate. Back then I didn't think I could do it because I was just starting college and school was really important to me. However, I did and he's here, healthy, loving, smart and going to 3rd grade plus I graduated college. Lots of rocky roads but we did it.

I know this has nothing to do with fashion. However, much like myself, i'm sure king Louis XIV would be having a 'HOLY SHIT" moment today had he known his little fashion idea he adapted from croatian soldiers back in the 1700's would give birth to a major fashion trend today. The bow tie! I wonder if I look back at these pictures 20 years from now if i'll have a "HOLY SHIT" moment thinking did I really wear that? Regardless, although worn mostly by men, I enjoy the versatility of the bow tie. Look at how it becomes masculine when worn around the neck yet girly when worn in the hair, around the waist or on a shoe. Isn't it amazing? My collection is growing and my fiance dislikes it. What are your thoughts on the bow tie?

The red lipstick on the other hand can die with this post. One of my many first attempts to red lipstick but I just can't seem to find the right shade that works for me so I wiped it off and put on a more neutral color for my dinner outing. Who wants to bite into red bread anyway? =)


IMG_3533

IMG_3527
For some reason 90% of the time I forget to grab my bag for pics, instead I grab my pants..HAHA

IMG_3495 2
(Please excuse the bad quality)

Top: H&M
Shorts: Old
Shoes: Oh Deer
Socks: H&M 5 pack

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate it!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...